Wednesday 14 November 2018

Yes it's been a while, sorry but I'm here to rectify that!

I've been riding a lot lately, had a good couple years not even looking at a bike mostly due to illness of the mind and being busy too.  Picked myself up a second hand but barely used GT Sportive road bike.  Seller wanted $200 for it, bike new was $600, and he'd ridden it twice, seems he finds it too hard - not everyone can be next Gerard Thomas.


Summer was enjoyable, hard work but enjoyable.  I've found that I'm not as fit as I was when I started this blog, so it's a struggle.  I've been maintaining my efforts by using Strava, and whilst initially I rode against myself I find myself increasingly riding against others; and I get annoyed when people use e-bikes on Strava!  You're not achieving anything if you're using an e-bike, you're resting up the hills, I've seen it happening and it's frustrating - please if you're using Strava with your e-bike set it to e-bike, that's an option now.  Thanks!

Bought a handful of lights from Aldi, on their 2018 October cycle sale; they cost 2.99 each and turned out to be very good for the money.  I've paid out more for lighting and they've been crap compared to these.  One did have a slight hiccup with the light and went a little dull, but a quick twist of the case and it was fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment